A Vampire Facelift®, sometimes called platelet-rich plasma (PRP) facelift, combines microneedling with your own blood to rejuvenate your skin. The Vampire Facelift will leave your skin looking less wrinkled, firmer, and more elastic.1
This procedure gained notoriety when Kim Kardashian posted to her millions of followers, that she'd had it. As a self-proclaimed lover of treatments that make her skin look smooth, she acknowledged the benefits of Vampire Facelift.
The Vampire Facelift in Scottsdale, AZ, has grown in popularity for its unique and successful approach to younger, smoother skin.
NOTE: this facial is only available from licensed practitioners of the Vampire Procedures (Facelift® & Facial®).
What is Microneedling?
Microneedling is a form of collagen induction therapy (CIT) to help minimize the appearance of acne scars, stretch marks, and more.2 Microneedling uses small needles to prick your skin creating micro "injuries" to stimulate new collagen growth underneath your skin's surface.
In addition to inducing collagen, the channels created from the microneedles allow blood factors extracted from plasma, hydration, and medical-grade products to be absorbed more effectively into the top layers of skin.
Microneedling is an established and effective treatment that causes your skin to be plump, smooth out, and tighten.It also can assist in treating blemishes, sunspots, and acne scars, resulting in a reduction of the appearance of fine lines, acne scars, and other skin texture concerns.3
The 4 Steps of the Vampire Facelift®
1. Blood draw. A small amount of blood is drawn from your arm.
2. Separate the blood platelets. A centrifuge machine is used to separate growth factors in your blood.
3. Microneedling. At Esthetic Solutions, your trained practitioner uses TheSkinStylus®, a medical-grade, only FDA-approved microneedle device for a depth of 2.5mm. The finer needles of The SkinStylus produce a more refined result and greater comfort during the procedure.
4. Apply the PRP. More concentrated than whole blood, the growth factors from the PRPare then "painted" into the micro-punctures and soaked into the tissue for further tightening and skin regeneration. The skin tightens, the complexion starts to shine, fine lines soften and scaring flattens, resulting in a glowing, gorgeous, youthful, and high natural outcome.
Platelets—Isolating the Magic from Your Blood
Blood is drawn from your arm just like getting a blood test done. Next, the platelets and fibrin are separated from the blood using a centrifuge machine. A rich concentrate forms from the platelets and fibrin and is used for skin restructuring. While the plasma is being separated, a topical numbing cream is applied.
Coating and Soaking Your Face with Growth Factors
The growth factors from your blood activate multipotent stem cells already present in the skin, fooling them into "believing" there has been an injury and that newer tissue should be produced. The Vampire Facelift works synergistically with the SkinStylist to increase the benefits of the previous stages and assist with blood flow and promote new growth of healthy pluripotent stem cells.4 The multipotent stem cells then differentiate into new collagen to heal into new skin! As a result, your skin looks and feels younger because it is! The effects will visibly increase for 2 to 3 months after the initial skin damage is addressed.
How Many Sessions Do You Need?
Each person's skincare needs and goals are unique. We start with a consultation to determine your plan, but here are some general guidelines:
• For facial collagen stimulation and rejuvenation: 3–5 sessions, 6 weeks apart
• For wrinkles around the mouth (Perioral): 4–5 sessions, 4 weeks apart
• For acne scars: 3–6sessions, 3–6 weeks apart
Safety and Recovery
A Vampire Facelift is a relatively non-invasive treatment that requires a topical anesthetic. There is typically little downtime, although side effects such as a burning sensation, stinging, or swelling are possible for a short while. Your procedure is always carried out by a skilled practitioner using sterile needles.
Do I Need Pain Medication During or After?
Before your treatment, numbing cream is applied to minimize any discomfort felt during the procedure. Patients typically find it to be quite tolerable. Pain medication is not necessary before or after the Vampire Facelift. In fact, we recommend you not takeover-the-counter pain medications as they have a blood-thinning effect.Microneedling creates a very small amount of blood at the treated surface, but as the discomfort is minor, there is no need to take medications.
How Long Does a Vampire Facelift Take to Heal?
According to Emily Tryon, RN, the length of the needle and the amount of pressure used determines how long a Vampire Facelift takes to recover. The recovery time for our in-depth treatments takes 5–7 days, and 2–3 days for a mild refresher. You can feel at ease with the more aggressive therapy in the hands of our experienced practitioner, and you can anticipate seeing significant skin improvements quickly.
You will be sent home with aftercare instructions once you review them with your provider. There will be time for questions and ensure you understand how to care for your skin at home. Paired products appropriate for home skincare will be recommended during your visit to enhance your procedure results further.
How Long do the Results from the Vampire Facelift Last?
After your skin recovers, you may anticipate a beautiful, dewy shine for a few weeks, and your results will improve with time. A Vampire Facelift is an investment in your skin's future.It is not a quick fix, but it has a regenerative, anti-aging effect."Collagen stimulation," Emily Tryon, RN, says, "is the tightening and rebuilding of your collagen that occurs 6 months to a year following this treatment." You're fooling your body into speeding up its normal regeneration process, which will take some time. The Vampire Facelift is an amazing treatment that produces visible results. The longevity and final results depend on completing the recommended number of treatments based on your skin issues, age, and skin type. Your skin correction specialist will suggest just the right number of treatments to achieve your goals.
Not Everyone is a Candidate for the Vampire Facelift Treatment!
There are few contraindications for this treatment. Unlike some others, microneedling can be used for all skin types and colors. Microneedling should not be done if you are pregnant or nursing. Once you are finished nursing, you are good to go! However, this treatment is not advised if you have an active inflammatory skin condition like acne, a bacterial infection, or rosacea. If you have certain scars, like keloids or a history of herpes, other treatments are more appropriate and safer. Some people would benefit more from a laser treatment, BOTOX®, blood platelets, or a HA filler alone, even surgery. You should deal with a qualified Med Spa that can assess if you are an excellent candidate for the Vampire Facelift.
What is my Next Step?
Your new, younger skin is just a day away! Call 480.280.6062 to schedule your private consultation.
* We do not quote pricing over the phone.Each client's skincare treatments are customized for superior outcomes.
1. “Everything You Want to Know About a Vampire Facelift,” Healthline, last accessed May 10, 2022, https://www.healthline.com/health/beauty-skin-care/vampire-facelift.
2. “Microneedling,” WebMD, last accessed May 10, 2022, https://www.webmd.com/beauty/what_is_microneedling.
3. “Microneedling: Collagen Induction Therapy,” Healthline, last accessed May 10, 2022, https://www.healthline.com/health/microneedling#_noHeaderPrefixedContent.
4. “Growth Factors in Stem Cell Biology,” Millipore Sigma, last accessed May 10, 2022, https://www.sigmaaldrich.com/US/en/technical-documents/technical-article/cell-culture-and-cell-culture-analysis/stem-cell-culture/growth-factors-in.